Slab Leak Services in San Luis Obispo
Slab leaks are one of the more difficult leaks to detect because they are hidden underneath the slab foundation of your home. However, there are telltale signs you can look for that could indicate a slab leak. Should you suspect a slab leak, you can count on Roto-Rooter in San Luis Obispo to find the source of the leak and fix it quickly.
Common Causes of Slab Leaks
- Pipe corrosion: Over time, water pipes can corrode and cause slab leaks. This is especially true for older homes with copper or galvanized steel pipes.
- Poor workmanship during installation: If the plumbing pipes were not properly installed during construction, they can develop leaks.
- Movement of soil and the foundation: The soil beneath your home’s foundation can shift over time, leading to a slab leak.
- High water pressure: Excessively high water pressure can strain the plumbing system, causing pipe failure and, ultimately, slab leaks.
- Earthquakes: Seismic activity can cause your home’s foundation to shift, leading to cracks in plumbing lines and slab leaks.
Signs You Need Slab Leak Repair
If you notice any of the following signs, contact our emergency plumber in SLO as soon as possible for slab leak repair.
- Unexplained increase in water bills: If your water bill is suddenly higher than usual, there’s a good chance you have a slab leak.
- Wet spots on exterior walls or around home: If you notice wet spots around the perimeter of your home, it could be an indication that you have a slab leak.
- Unusual sounds from pipes: Listen for unusual sounds, such as hissing or banging, coming from your pipes and walls, which may indicate that you have a slab leak somewhere in your home’s foundation.
- Musty and mildew odors: If musty and mildew odors come from the floors or walls of your home, they could be caused by mold growing due to moisture seeping through cracks caused by a slab leak.
- Wet carpets or floors: If the carpet or flooring in your home is inexplicably wet, there’s a good chance you have a slab leak.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure is often a sign of a slab leak.
- Floor radiating warmth: If your flooring is unusually warm, it could be an indication of a slab leak from leaking hot water.
- Bubbling, buckling, or cracking flooring: If your flooring is bubbling, buckling, or cracking or feels squishy or wet underneath, it often indicates a slab leak.
Slab Leak Repair Options
Slab leak repairs start with slab leak detection to determine the source of the leak. Our plumbers use special equipment to pinpoint the leak.
Once the leak is isolated, the most appropriate repair can be made to stop the leak, including spot repairs, pipe replacements, and re-piping.
Schedule Slab Leak Services with Roto-Rooter in San Luis Obispo Today
When you suspect you have a slab leak, our plumbers in SLO are happy to help. No slab leak is too big or too small for Roto-Rooter to handle. We will find the source of the leak and make the necessary repairs to stop further damage to your home. Contact us today.