Slab Leak Repair in San Luis Obispo
Protect Your Home from Damage with Slab Leak Detection and Repair
Waiting for slab leak repair is something you never want to do. The longer there is a water leak underneath your home’s slab, the more extensive the damage can be, including foundation and structural damage. At Roto-Rooter, our San Luis Obispo plumbers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to detect and repair slab leaks.
A slab leak is a type of water leak that occurs underneath the slab foundation of your home. Often when homes are built on slabs, the plumbing lines are run first and buried in the ground. Then the slab is poured. However, when there are problems with the plumbing lines, it can create slab leaks, which are one of the most difficult water leaks to detect.
Slab leaks are caused by a variety of factors, including the following:
- Settling and shifting foundations
- Corroded pipes
- Poorly installed plumbing
- Defective pipe fittings
- Older plumbing
Common signs of a slab leak include:
- Unexplained increases in water bills. If your water bills suddenly and inexplicably increase, this could indicate a slab leak.
- Unusual sounds coming from the walls or floor. Slab leaks can often cause unusual noises like hissing, bubbling, or banging within walls or floors as water escapes through the pipes.
- Visible moisture on floors, walls, or around the exterior foundation. Water seeping through cracks in the foundation can result in visible moisture.
- Mold and mildew growth. Excess moisture from slab leaks often leads to mold and mildew growth on nearby surfaces.
- Warped flooring or wet carpeting. Warped flooring or wet carpeting caused by excessive water saturation underneath the flooring or carpeting.
- Noticeable signs of structural damage. Undetected slab leaks can cause cracks in your walls, ceiling, or around the foundation.
Our San Luis Obispo plumbers use a variety of advanced methods to detect slab leaks, including:
- Acoustic listening devices
- Thermal imaging cameras
- Electronic leak detection equipment
- Visual inspections
The most common slab leak repair methods used to stop slap leaks are:
- Pipe Lining – A new pipe is inserted into the existing pipe.
- Pipe Replacement – The slab is removed around the leak and the plumbing is replaced.
- Epoxy Sealing – Epoxy is injected into and around the leak to seal it and any cracks in the pipes.
- Slab Excavation – This slab leak repair method is only used when there is extensive damage and large-scale slab leaks.
Suppose you suspect that you have a slab leak. Then it is crucial to call Roto-Rooter to dispatch one of our emergency plumbers in SLO immediately, day or night.
Slab leaks can cause extensive damage to your home and property if left unchecked. By contacting our San Luis Obispo plumbers for slab leak repairs, it prevents further damage to your home. Our experienced plumbers will quickly find the source of the leak and repair it.
Don’t wait—call Roto-Rooter today!